GPS Address: 3038 W 35th St. Austin, Tx 78703
From the MOPAC Expressway (aka, Loop 1).
- Exit the MOPAC Expressway at 35th Street.
- Drive west 6/10ths of a mile past the old main gate, which is now barricaded, and go through the light at Exposition, and down a steep hill.
- At the bottom of the hill, just before a flashing traffic signal, you will see the gated entrance of Camp Mabry to your right (i.e., Maintenance Drive).
- After passing through security, go straight to the stop sign and turn right.
- At the next stop sign, turn right again.
- Follow General Mabry Boulevard past the running track on your left.
- Building 6 will be on your right, next to an outdoor display of tanks and military vehicles.
- The main entrance for the Museum is the large white double doors at the center of the building.
- Make certain you are on the lower level of the Interstate.
- Take the 38½ Street exit going west. Note that as it proceeds westward, 38½ Street becomes 35th Street.
- After crossing over Loop 1, follow the instructions above.
From the Airport.
- Take Highway 71 West to Highway 360 North
- Highway 360 North to Loop 1 North.
- Travel five (5) miles on Loop 1 to 35th Street.
- Follow the instructions above from that point.
A valid, unexpired form of identification with a picture must be presented to enter the post. The security guards might request to a search of the any vehicle coming on post.
Museum Telephone Number: (512) 782-5659