From the MOPAC Expressway (aka, Loop 1).
- Exit the MOPAC Expressway at 35th Street.
- Drive west 6/10ths of a mile past the old main gate, which is now barricaded, and go through the light at Exposition, and down a steep hill.
- At the bottom of the hill, just before a flashing traffic signal, you will see the gated entrance of Camp Mabry to your right (i.e., Maintenance Drive).
- After passing through security, go straight to the stop sign and turn right.
- At the next stop sign, turn right again.
- Follow General Mabry Boulevard past the running track on your left.
- Building 6 will be on your right, next to an outdoor display of tanks and military vehicles.
- The main entrance for the Museum is the large white double doors at the center of the building.
- Make certain you are on the lower level of the Interstate.
- Take the 38½ Street exit going west. Note that as it proceeds westward, 38½ Street becomes 35th Street.
- After crossing over Loop 1, follow the instructions above.
From the Airport.
- Take Highway 71 West to Highway 360 North
- Highway 360 North to Loop 1 North.
- Travel five (5) miles on Loop 1 to 35th Street.
- Follow the instructions above from that point.
GPS Address 3038 West 35th St. Austin, Tx 78703.
At the current time, the post is open to the public during daylight hours without prior arrangements. The security guards, however, may require you to present some form of valid state or federal identification and to consent to a search of the vehicle.
Museum Telephone Number: (512) 782-5659