The Texas Military Forces Museum will be one of 10 museum stores in Austin taking part in Museum Store Sunday on November 25, 2018. We will be offering 25% off everything in our gift shop on the 25th. You can be entered in a prize drawing if you purchase items at 3 or more stores. See below for more details.
November 1, 2018 – Austin, TX – The Austin Museum Store Collective has announced the local museums that will participate in the second annual Museum Store Sunday on Sunday, November 25. Timed to the start of the holiday shopping season, Museum Store Sunday is a one-day event featuring special discounts, promotions, and giveaways at participating museum stores and gift shops.
More than 700 Museum Stores representing museums and cultural institutions in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, ten countries, and three continents will offer sales and discounts as part of this year’s event, including these popular local destinations:
- Blanton Museum of Art* (200 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin, TX 78712)
- Bullock Texas State History Museum* (1800 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701)
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center* (4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin, TX 78739)
- LBJ Presidential Library* (2313 Red River St, Austin, TX 78705)
- National Museum of the Pacific War (340 E Main St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624)
- Science Mill (101 South Lady Bird Lane, Johnson City, TX, 78636)
- Texas Capitol Gift Shop* (1400 N. Congress Ave or 112 E. 11th Street, Austin, TX 78701)
- Texas Historical Commission* (220 2nd Street, San Felipe, TX 77473)
- Texas Military Forces Museum* (2200 W 35th St Building 6, Austin, TX 78703)
- Thinkery* (1830 Simond Ave., Austin, TX 78723)
To celebrate Museum Store Sunday, several local venues will be offering 25% storewide discounts all day, with additional promotions and “flash” sales throughout. Patrons can review a complete list of sales and special offers at MuseumStoreSundayATX.com.
Visitors can also pick up a free Passport Card. Shoppers who get the passport stamped at three or more participating gift shops between now and Museum Store Sunday will be entered in a random drawing for an Austin museum prize package, valued at over $200, that includes free museum memberships and assorted merchandise.
“Museum Store Sunday gives people a chance to support local businesses, support the community through local non-profit museums, find unique holiday gifts, and enjoy an entertaining and educational experience at their favorite museums, all at the same time,” said Thinkery store manager Vanessa Smith. “We’re very pleased to partner with so many other wonderful local destinations to make this a fun and worthy option for Austin holiday shoppers and families.”
Holiday shoppers will find quality gifts filled with inspiration and educational value and, through their purchases, directly support their favorite museums. Proceeds from purchases at museum stores support the missions and programming of those museums, and foster appreciation and knowledge of art, nature, culture, science, and history throughout our community.
Full details of the sales and discounts available locally can be found at MuseumStoreSundayATX.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/298321630764097/. Shoppers are encouraged to share their favorite discoveries on social media using the hashtags #MuseumStoreSunday and #BeAPatron.
For more information, please contact Blair Newberry at (512) 721-0259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.